David Sifry acaba de publicar su State of the Blogosphere, April 2006 Part 2: On Language and Tagging. Es muy interesante seguir sus observaciones a partir del crecimiento de la blogosfera en la red a través de lo que se refleja en Technorati.
Una imagen vale más que mil palabars.
El sumario final del trabajo de David Sifry, entre otras cosas, dice que:
• The blogosphere is multilingual, and deeply international
• English, while being the language of the majority of early bloggers, has fallen to less than a third of all blog posts in April 2006.
• Japanese and Chinese language blogging has grown significantly.
• Chinese language blogging, while continuing to grow on an absolute basis, has begun to decline as an overall percentage of the posts that Technorati tracks over the last 6 months
• Japanese, Chinese, English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, French, Portuguese, Dutch, and German are the languages with the greatest number of posts tracked by Technorati.
• The Korean language is underrepresented in this analysis
• Language breakdown does not necessarily imply a particular country or regional breakdown.